Made-to-order: Build time of 12+ weeks*
The gladius is the traditional sword of ancient roman soldiers. It was most often used in conjunction with a shield in close hand-to-hand combat. Our gladius features a traditionally styled hilt with the most popular blade style, the Pompeii. This blade had parallel cutting edges and a short triangular point for thrusting. Our gladius is perfect for arming any roman legionnaire and pairs well with one of our shields.
• Aircraft-grade aluminum or high carbon steel blade**
• Safely rounded tips and edges
• Carbon steel guard plate, and pommel retainer
• Wood PLA guard and pommel, natural ABS grip
• Threaded tang & pommel for easy maintenance
• 20.25" blade / 26" total length
• Weight: AL - 1.06 lbs (17 oz) / Steel - 1.56 lbs (25 oz)
Blade is either aircraft-grade aluminum or high carbon steel. Guard plate and pommel retainer are both high carbon steel. Tang and pommel are threaded (5/16 x 18) for easy maintenance.
Blade: Length - 20.25"
Guard: Width - 2.5"
Total Length: 26"
Aluminum Weight: 1.06 lbs / 17 oz
Steel Weight: 1.56 lbs / 25 oz